So as of yesterday I'm 20 weeks. TWENTY WEEKS! HOLY CRAP! How the hell did I make it to the halfway mark so quickly? This Tuesday (tomorrow) is our big ultrasound and we'll find out if this little pizpon is a girl or boy. I'm a bit nervous -- knowing the sex makes everything so final and real....... Its quite overwhelming to tell you the truth. I want to know, but then again I want to remain in blissful denial. I don't have any intuition as far as the sex is concerned (Emiro is sure its a boy..... surprise, surprise) and I think I will be fine either way. I always wanted a daughter, but seeing quite a few of my friends with darling little boys, and hearing stories about "mama's little boy" makes me feel fine with having a boy as well.
Some pregnancy updates:
- Gas - not quite as gassy as I was during week 18, but still more gassy than usual. Last week (during the height of my, well, gassiness) Emiro stooped to kiss my belly while I was lying down and I totally gave a little toot. It was a riot, although a bit embarrassing (he was like "whats that? was that you?") but what the hell can I do?? It was a funny preggo moment, though :D
- Showing - more and more people are asking me when I'm due, which is fun. Its totally obvious that I'm pregnant - I'm pretty small, and have this belly popped out in front of me. No strangers groping me yet, thank God!
- Friends with no tact - I've realized that some people just don't realize what they say to pregnant people can be soooo offending. I know they don't MEAN to be rude, but I guess they don't understand how sensitive you are when you're knocked up. I'll give one example - I saw one of my friends a week ago after not seeing her for almost 2 months. When she saw my belly she said "you're so BIG!" to which I retorted "well, I'm 5 months along" to which she responded "you're the biggest 5 months pregnant woman I've ever seen" and hugged me. What the hell?? Are you serious?!?!?! ONE don't tell me I look big. Tell me I look nice, I have a cute belly, whatever. SECOND, I'm not that big! Yes, I'm skinny so my belly really shows, but seriously, THINK OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING! Sheeesh! Totally took a blow at my self confidence.
- Movement - I've spent the last couple of weeks eating more chocolate than ever before in my life in the hopes of feeling the bean move around. The past few weeks I occasionally felt something - but I wasn't sure if it was the baby or not. It felt like a muscle spasm, but also what could be a kick from inside. I was hoping its the baby, but didn't want to be imagining things because I'm so impatient. I rationalized that it could also be my tummy muscles stretching/splitting etc. Well, the past couple of days these "muscle spasm" feelings have become REALLY frequent, and occur in different spots between my pelvis and belly button - you can also feel it lightly when you put a hand on my belly. It will be like - two swift kicks to one spot.... quiet for a minute.... kick in another spot 3 inches down.... a couple minutes of quite.... three small thumps and then a big kick.... I realized that YES, its the little one kicking away inside! Definitely no "fluttering" sensation for me - the little spasms I've been feeling really sporadically (and the past couple of days frequently) are the little baby's jumping jacks. Its so cute and I always smile when I feel it. Actually, I've felt quite a few while writing this post. Emiro has already felt the baby 3-4 times and he LOVES it.
- Clothes - I'm still milking out my non pregnancy clothes. Surprisingly I am still fitting into all of my pants (zipped up but not buttoned) and my long sweaters. Pretty soon I'll buckle down and buy some maternity clothes - but then I'll be stuck in them for the next 5 months. Blah.
- Cravings - my constant craving for tomatoes has pretty much gone (although I will never say no to pizza). HOWEVER, I started craving chocolates and sweet stuff (do you hear that, Shira?!?! Where are your cookies when I need them?).
I promise to update ASAP with ultrasound photos :D