Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feeling more accomplished

Spent a good hour browsing around Target after work last night - picked up alcohol swabs (for umbilical cord), 1 nursing bra, 1 nursing tank, 2 shirts with buttons (for easier breastfeeding), and a bunch of misc. travel size toiletries. Then I spent an hour at home packing my hospital bag, and I'm almost done! Still need to get a birthing ball, but other than that I'm pretty much set.

Here is what I packed:

* toiletry bag
* boppy
* extra pillow
* 1 yoga pant, 2 short sleeved shirts with buttons
* 1 underwear (assuming I will be wearing hospital ones mostly)
* robe
* 1 pair of socks
* going home outfit for baby + me
* change of clothes for Emiro
* (need to add birthing ball once I buy it)

To be added right before going to the hospital:

* ipod
* camera + recharger
* iphone + recharger
* computer (rooms in hospital have wireless internet)

I'm pretty much banking on the fact that the hospital will be supplying everything else and my milk won't be in yet, so I think thats all I need? Fortunately we live 5 minutes from the hospital, so Emiro can always run home to get anything we need.

Also, Emiro and I bought a small changing table for the first floor (so we don't have to run upstairs to the nursery every time we need to change a poopy diaper). We went to IKEA and bought a basic changing table for $35..... Perfect for what we need (also bought a matching changing pad & pad covers). Its small and fits in a niche in the foyer. Still waiting on our changing table for upstairs (which is also where we will put all of the baby clothes) - hope it doesn't take TOO much longer!!!

Emiro putting together the table:

I need to take a picture of the final product -- it came out really nice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

היי בובה. מה שלומך??? אמירו נראה ממש רציני מהנדס את המיטה חמוש במשקפיים .אני מקווה שכשביבי תוולד עדכון התמונות יהיה יום יומי ולא חודשי??? אחרת לא נעמוד בזה...

Unknown said...

דרך אגב זו דודה... האחת והיחידה.