Sunday, May 25, 2008

ONE YEAR AGO, YESTERDAY.................








Our wedding day, as cliche as it may sound, was the most beautiful day of my life (thus far!!). I married the person most dear to me in the world, we both vowed our love and commitment to each other, and we were surrounded by our closest family and friends.

One year later, and we're about to become parents for the first time any day -- what an amazing present. She's hiccuping inside me as I write this right now, and I just feel choked up with emotion. Our first year of marriage has been quite an amazing ride - we dealt with ALMOST buying a house, getting the HUGEST surprise of our life (a positive pregnancy test result), Emiro transitioned into a new career that he loves, we moved into a larger home, we prepared for the arrival of our little girl.

Wow, if this was our first year of marriage, I can only imagine what future years hold for us. Has it always been peachy and roses and newlywed magic? No. Emiro and I have been together for 11 years and we know that relationships take hard work, patience, compromise, respect and much more. It has been an amazing year, full of happiness, tears, firsts, love, growing up. This year gave us a little baby girl, whom we will meet soon, and I can't wait to see us grow into a family of three.





No comments: