I'm 37 weeks already?!? How did that happen?
Pregnancy is zooming by me at top speed.... And when I say the weeks are flying, I mean flying at warped high speed. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm less than 4 weeks from my due date. After my parent's visit and my mom's saintly help in organizing everything (which was no small feat!), I can honestly say I feel sooooo much more prepared. But not completely. There are still things left on the to-do list :
- figure out nursery decor
- choose bedding
- choose rug & curtains
- wait for changing table to arrive - and arrange clothes in the drawers
- wait for glider to arrive
- wash baby's clothes (initial set with all of the limited essentials)
- install car seat bases in both cars (left message for 2 technicians in the area as per the list provided by Laura)
- buy nursing bras & nursing tanks
- pick up Amby from Rachel's storage
- have Emiro assemble the small changing table we purchased at Ikea for the downstairs changing station
I know some of the above is not important and can wait, I just prefer to knock out as many things as possible BEFORE the little one gets here.... Its the super anal in me, I guess. Hopefully this weekend I will have some of above tasks accomplished.
How do I feel?
I feel very heavy, definitely slower (I walk slower too, often while holding my stomach in my hands). Braxton Hicks contractions still coming at full force, sometimes every 4-5 minutes. I'm used to it by now, but its pretty freaky - on the strong contractions my stomach completely takes on different shapes and sizes and remains in that shape rock hard for about a minute. Usually the left side contracts the most.
I think 31 weeks was right at the brink from when I started feeling a shift from "cute pregnant woman" to "big shamu who can take only small steps". Don't get me wrong - I know I'm not huge or anything, but I certainly FEEL huge now. I puff when I go up stairs, I need some assistance getting up, and I have to coordinate how to roll off the bed when I'm lying down. Definitely not feeling sexy, if you catch what I mean. I have experienced minor swelling in the past couple of weeks - my fingers hurt when I flex them, and my rings are more snug. Most of my shoes feel more snug as well.
Biggest complaint thus far is BACK PAINS. I use hot compresses as much as possible and take long hot showers. Emiro rubs my back and I did indulge in a prenatal massage (courtesy of Emiro) but nothing really relieves the pain. Some days are worse than others, but the nights definitely are the worst with a pain that radiates up and down my lower back. Lately I have been waking up on my back because apparently I just can't seem to tolerate sleeping on my sides, despite whatever creative pillow arrangement I experiment with. *SIGH*
In the past 2 weeks I had 2 doctor appointments:
- blood pressure 110/70 both times
- total weight gain is now up to 24 lbs
- little girl is now HEADS DOWN!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!
- negative for Strep B
- measuring on point as far as fundal height
- still plenty of "pockets" with amniotic fluids
- as of today I am 1/2 centimeter dilated
So, here is what I looked like at 28 weeks:
Here I am at 30 weeks wearing the only pre-preg jeans that are so low I can button them up:
different shirt, same day, frontal shot
At 31 weeks
This is in our bedroom, right next to our reading corner
with the shirt down
35 Weeks -- about 2 weeks ago