Friday, May 9, 2008

Now that I posted a small pregnancy re-cap (see previous post - new belly shots!) here are some more pictures from the past couple of months. I'm really sorry I haven't been consistent in updating this journal -- its been crazy trying to get everything organized AND juggle work at the same time.

Anyhow........ Some pictures for your amusement. Last week after a long day at work I collapsed at home feeling like a beached whale - tired, large, ACHY. I'm at the point where I need assistance getting up. Emiro thought it would be funny to take a photo of me in my finest moment.

"help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"



"you suck for thinking I'm funny when actually its pretty tragic"



A couple of days later we received our STROLLER! WOOOHOOOO I absolutely adore it. We rolled it around the house a bunch of time until we got tired:





Maxi thinks my tummy is a nice accessory right now. Case in point:



Plato massages my belly with his paws. I wonder if they know I have a baby inside??



My parents came to visit us for Passover and stayed with us for two weeks. This is the first time they were able to stay in our home so I am VERY thankful we have a 2 bedroom home!! During those two weeks Ima helped me arrange/sort/organize everything and I went from having piles of stuff to categorized bins and boxes labeled "0-3 months" "3-6 months" etc... We also did several runs to Babies R Us and bought just about EVERYTHING we need - from soap, to clothes, to sheets, to first aid items, to diapers, to bottles........... I feel so much more prepared now that I know I'm stocked on all of the basics.

A couple of days after my parents arrived we flew to California to spend the Passover holiday with my aunt and uncle Dana & Yossi. The 5 hour flight was ok - not comfortable at 8 months pregnant, but not horrible. I did get quite a few looks from fellow passengers who were worried I might give birth in the aisle, and received some "hahaha, you're ready to pop any minute, right? hahahah" to which they received a cold smile and a tight lipped "I actually have about 6 weeks to go" answer. We stayed at my relative's (amazing!!!) home for 5 days and it was such a relaxing vacation.... All we did was eat, talk, laugh, shop, and rest. Emiro and I had just purchased a brand new digital SLR camera (in preparation for cupcake's arrival!) as our early "anniversary gift" so I got to play around with the camera and its features a bit.

The trip to California seems like a blur now - we didn't have a set agenda other than relaxing and having fun. I'll touch on some of the highlights :)

Views from the house:









Emiro soaking in the landscape:




My flip flops making their first debut for the 2008 year:




We went out for brunch one day at the "Original Pancake House" -- my uncle ordered all of the food and it was DELICIOUS! I took the following pictures with a different lense -- the 50mm /1.8D lense -- which doesn't auto focus so I experimented around with the manual focus:










We celebrated Passover with my relatives and their friends - I think we were a total of 20 people. It was fun to get gussied up a little bit for the event :)


My dad & Dana preparing the Passover meal



Before the Passover Seder, enjoying the outside





The Seder was really nice -- light hearted, not too long, lots of laughter -- and the food was delicious!!







Afterwords we hung out in the livingroom, just talking and enjoying each other's company







We got to enjoy a Duck's hockey game (my first hockey game ever) during our visit, which was really interesting. I have never been to an event like this, and was amazed with the high level of energy!

Duck fans waving their orange flags



Emiro enthralled with the game





Dad & Yossi








We took the red eye back to Newark airport, came home and rested for a couple of hours, and then I headed straight back to work (I couldn't take that day off from work, unfortunately). The rest of the week was spent hanging out with my parents in the mornings & evenings, and working during the day (which sucked). My dad went to a meetings in NYC and worked from my apartment the rest of the time while my mom relaxed and read about 5 books. Then on Friday, after a glorious 2 week visit, they left :(


Here are some photos from the day they left... We took this in the courtyard of our new apartment - everything was in full bloom for Spring and absolutely beautiful:







I can just imagine little cupcake crawling/running around on the grass one day soon!







Their rental car, all packed and ready to go :(

No comments: